Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Big "C"



You will probably hear me talk a lot about cancer, or the big "C", as it is called in our house. When our friends from St. George came to visit Dave in the hospital shortly after learning he had cancer, Dave said to them, "Well, it looks like I have the big "C", and that's what's its been called ever since. Sometimes we refer to "B.C." (before cancer) or "A.C." (after cancer) but we do refer to it often.

It was one of those pivotal moments in our lives when everything changed. When the world was bathed in a different color and life came in to focus. Not all of our family experienced the same emotions or reactions, but one thing we do share is that we all love a little deeper, hold on a little tighter and are grateful for each day we have together.

Most pictures of me and Dave "B.C." are standing by each other. I've noticed "A.C." photos all seem to be the same pose. We are holding on to each other. I know I can't hold on to those I love forever, but right now it feels good.



No comments:

Post a Comment